我的 Print O' The Wave Stole早在三月就完工啦~
My Print O' The Wave Stole was finished in March.
However my camera didn't work for more than 2 weeks, I took the photos these day.
I spent 1500NTD for the fix charge, but it is worth.
If you are interested in knitting this stole, please notice the below things:
1. The designer mentioned that 732m yarn would be ok, but most of the knitter think that's inadequate. I use the same size as the original one, but I use more than 900m yarn! (I usually knit tight!) So I think the preparation of 1000m would be better.
2. Leaving the end of yarn too long is not needed, 10cm would be fine.
3. The body in original design is knitted in 2 parts and then sewn together. However I recommend knitting in 1 piece and then pick up the stitches for inner round without cutting yarn, especially for the knitter never used mohair before / lack the technique of sewing. Moreover, you need to darn 4 parts of yarn: cast on for body, end of miter increase round, cast on for edging, end of edging.
4. Please calculate how to pick up the stitches for inner border before you start to pick them up! (otherwise you will be regretful later...)
5. The patter of edging need to be revised, you could browse tweetytommy's blog for that. And please remember to pur your yarn in the back when you do the slip stitch. I recalled it after finishing 5 edging pattens...it's too late and I don't want to rip it again. What I could do is just ignore it!
6. This stole is really huge... My blocking pad is not big enough (Actually I could only block half of this stole at one time...) So you need a bigger blocking pad or change smaller size of needle.
Have you seen that? Because I didn't put the yarn in the back when I do slip stitch, there is a raised line between miter increase round and edging, it is on the right side!! I didn't block the corner pretty because the blocking pad is not big enough...These are the 2 defects of this project.
期間 time：2010.09.20~2011.03.21 居然拖了半年才完工… (6 month!!)
完工尺寸 size after blocking：160cm*52cm (這是沒有完全定型的尺寸喔，如果我有足夠的塑膠墊+空間給它催下去的話，說不定能到180*60，果真是像文奇花說的"一個單人床的尺寸")
It's the size not blocking very well. If I have enough blocking pad and space, I think the size will reach 180cm*60cm. I realize what 文奇花 said: the size is just like a SINGLE BED.
*備註-對於Eunny Jang 的緣編織圖我的解釋如下(沒有修改，只是對我一開始有疑問而後來了解的地方加以注釋而已)
Rnd 1: *YO, k2 [YO, k2tog]到記號圈，YO, k2 (這三針是角落的針)， 再重覆*
Miter increase rounds ：
Rnd 1: YO, *織下針直到下個記號圈，YO, k2, YO (這四針是角落的針)， 再重覆*
* REMARK- My explanation for the inner border (I don't think that any mode on this part, just my realization for your reference)
Rnd 1: *YO, k2 [YO, k2tog] to marker---YO, k2 (these 3 stitches are for corner), and then repeat*
Miter increase rounds:
Rnd 1: YO, *knit to next marker---YO, k2, YO (these 4 stitches are for corner), and then repeat*
After you redistributer the edging markers, there sould be 240 stitches per long side (for 30 edging patterns per side), 80 stitches per short side (for 10 edging patterns per side), and 4 stitches per corner (for 1 edging patter per corner). The total stitches will be 656 stitches (for 84 edging patterns)